Sunday, April 27, 2008

Here I go again :)


I have a bunch of antique cook books that I have spent many hours reading. Not only can the recipes be hilarious but also the ad’s they have. I have been wanting to start a new altered book and I decided to use one of my cookbooks for it… (I picked a pretty plain one that had a burnt spot on the cover) … anyway I thought I would scan some of my favorite ads and recipes to use in my “Altered” cook book so I could have the best of all of them in my altered cookbook. I am going to call it “A taste of life” so it is not going to be just recipes :)) This is from one of my favorite cook books called Cupids Book. It was given to the bride when the happy couple purchased a marriage license. It has some hysterical ads that are directed to the little woman by the local merchants :)) This is one of my favorites and I just had to share it!

4 comments:

The Paris Salon said...

This is wonderful Inka. Hope you'll share the book in progress - I'm sure it will be wonderful ;)
Gaye

Linda SS said...

That is too cute:) Thanks for sharing. And what a GREAT idea for an altered book!

juliekintaiwan said...

Too funny!

mary schweitzer said...

This will be great, please keep sharing.
Mary