Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just a bit squirrely ...

I made these little fabric flowers some time back but since I was feeling a little under the weather I thought I would take a new picture and use them for this weeks Mixed Media Monday. The theme is floral tributes so I decided to make mine "Ode To The Squirrel"

Ode To The Squirrel
Small fluffy one who scampers in the sun to frolic in the open breeze,
In the fields of flower blooms or high up in the old oak trees.
In this lovely, flowery place of acorns, nuts you scamper.
Or would you rather stop for tea, a posy a hat won't hamper.

Ok it is a bit corny ... can you tell I am board?

If you check the quick links on the sidebar there is a tutorial for making these fun little flowers.


10 comments:

joanne wardle said...

it's cute!! I love those fabri flowers!!

Pretty Widow said...

The flowers are cute. So are the critters!

Bumbershoot Designs and Supplies said...

The flowers are lovely! I love them as squirrel hats - gave me a smile! ~Sharon

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Oh, what fun, Inka! Hope you're feeling better now! Diane

Sandy said...

Oh so lovey and cute. Fantastic idea and wonderful work.

Dymphie said...

so cute, it really made me smile :)

Netty said...

I love making fabric flowers as well, and those squirrels are great. Annette x

My Creative House said...

Oh this made me smil, how fun squirrel with flowers on there head, wonderful idea, love them.
Anni

Lynn Stevens said...

Only YOu would make hat flowers for the squirrels! LOL Adorable